What is Voices of Europe?
Voices of Europe is a net magazine and community.
Who is Voices of Europe?
Voices of Europe is owned by a nonprofit, nonpartisan foundation. We strive to be trustworthy and reliable. You can read our statutes here.
What is your aim?
Voices of Europe was established with the aim of
– improving lives of people through education and by raising awareness of specific issues (i.e. health, science, social issues)
– strengthening inclusion processes and to counteract social inequalities
– strengthening civic and democratic participation through intercultural dialogue across Europe.
– raising awareness about common European history, common values, remembrance and diversity.
– fostering European citizenship and a sense of shared European identity
– promoting opportunities for societal and intercultural engagement and volunteering at a European level.
– challenging bias and fake news
Is Voices of Europe an advertising campaign for the EU?
No. Over six decades, the EU has contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe and it has been absolutely instrumental in transforming most of Europe from a continent of war to a continent of peace. This is a crucial achievement. But for the EU to be able to evolve in the right direction, we need to debate the role of the EU on an impartial basis. We showcase Europe’s complexities, strengths and weaknesses. We want to inspire curiosity about a region that, in its broadest definition, spans more than 40 countries and includes more than 700 million people—508 million of them living in the EU.
What does Voices of Europe do with it profits?
The profits made by Voices of Europe are directed toward the production of new content distributed on voicesof.eu and social media.
Do you collaborate with other organizations or companies?
Yes. If our autonomy is not affected, we collaborate with other entities (commercial and/or governmental) on a national, regional or international basis in order to further our aims. We believe that Corporate Social Responsibility, charity, sponsorships and philanthropy can make a valuable contribution to fulfilling our purpose (in addition to enhancing the reputation of a company and strengthen its brand.)
How do you quality assure your projects?
Our Advisory Board is composed of a distinguished group of leading professionals with expertise in a range of fields relevant to our work. The board provides us with strategic advice regarding our activities and operations. In addition to our advisory board,
our Quality Assurance Board monitors the (progress of the) particular project as well as its outcomes. The board consists of four team members, which have been selected for their expertise.